Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Page 15 in International Artist Magazine issue 69


I entered "Grandmothers' Gifts" in the Still Life challenge a few months back and was pleased to find I had been selected as a finalist. This gives the artist an entire page with their work and contact information, as well as work method and inspiration.

For this particular piece, I chose one of the photos I took for the "My father's Light" shoot. This was one of the last photos; I'd pulled off rose petals and placed them in the crystal bowl and on the tablecloth, which was a gift from Steve's grandmother, Esta Kriegsman. The gold sugar bowl came from my paternal grandmother, Maude Irma Richardson, whom I never knew. The sunlight passing through the crystal and glass creating spiked abstract shadows captured my eye. Created in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment