Monday, November 16, 2009

I found the firefighter I drew!!

It has been so busy since September I am going to catch up little by little. I'm going to start in September with "my" firefighter.
I have been "looking" for him on the internet for several years, wanting to contact him and send him a print of the original. The name I was given was incorrect, although I didn't know that while searching. Some time in September I decided to try again and found the original photo I used with the Ladder company he was in. I found their website and sent an email. A week later I received an email from a firefighter who used to work there. After sending him my story and a small photo of the artwork, he wrote back - it was him!!
I have had a full size giclee made and as soon as I pick it up, I am sending to him!! Can't tell you how thrilled I was to find him.

1 comment: