Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Colored Pencil Society of America 17 National Exhibit


Today the long awaited for posting of selected artists for the CPSA 17th exhibit came and I was very pleased to see they had chosen one of my pieces - "For Barbara", completed during 2 months of lunch hours at work.
I was staying at the home of artist Barbara Van Winkelen, in June 2006 and was walking out of an incredible Nantucket basket shop, when I saw this particular basket in the doorway, filled with cranberries and all sorts of wildflowers. I snapped a couple of shots with my digital camera and this one said, "Draw me!"
I completed the flowers & berries first, starting in the small space under the handle - it just seemed more manageable at the time. The basket weave intimidated me just a little, I don't know why, yet it ended up being the easiest part of the whole piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment